Walmart India: Walmart India Private Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of Walmart Inc. Walmart India owns and operates 21 Best Price Modern Wholesale stores in 9 states across India. The company also operates 1 Fulfillment Centre in India. The first store opened in Amritsar in 2009. Best Price stores, a membership-based wholesale store, offers best prices with unmatched convenience, choice, quality and hygiene. The mission of Best Price is to “Enable small businesses to prosper.” Get to know more about Walmart India through the below sections of this www.walmartnearme.co page.
Walmart India – Best Price Modern Wholesale
A membership-based cash and carry business, Walmart India-Best Price offers an assortment of approximately 5,000 items at competitive wholesale prices. This allows retailers and business owners to lower operating cost and helps maximize revenue. A typical Walmart India-Best Price Modern Wholesale Store spans approximately 50,000 sq. ft. and sells a wide range of fresh, frozen and chilled food, fruits and vegetables, dry groceries, personal and home care, hotel and restaurant supplies, clothing, office supplies and other general merchandise items.
Walmart India strives to improve the quality of life for employees, customers and communities through financial contributions, in-kind donations and volunteerism. The company supports initiatives focused on enhancing opportunities in skills training, environment sustainability, women empowerment and community development. WalMart India’s Women Economic Empowerment Initiative aims to provide sustainable employment opportunities and significantly expand economic opportunities for women across India.
Overview of Walmart India
- In addition to Cash & Carry business in India, Walmart contributes to the Indian economy in many other ways, including through Global Sourcing Centre and the Technology Centre, Walmart Labs.
• Global Sourcing Centre (Bangalore): The global sourcing hub procures non-food products from Indian manufacturers for 13 of its global markets, further supporting the economy and the ‘Make in India’ initiative.
• Walmart Labs (Bangalore): The technology center in Bangalore started in November 2011. More than 1200 local engineers and technical experts develop cutting edge solutions, retail technology and support global operations for ensuring operational efficiencies to drive seamless shopping experiences for customers.
- Best Price caters to the needs of different business customers by providing relevant products and solutions to individual segments. Walmart India caters to the below three broad categories of business segments –
Walmart India caters to multiple subsegments of Resellers like
• Kirana stores
• Electronics and durable outlets
• Stationery shops
• Fruits and vegetable outlets
• Commodities shops, poultry, meat and fish shops
• Confectionery Shops
• Apparel & Accessories
Walmart India – Best Price offers relevant categories for these subsegments such as,
- FMCG foods
- Non Food
- Fancy items
- Home Appliances
- Home Furnishing
- Fresh Meat
- Vegetables and Fruits
- Dairy & Confectionery and many more
• Offices & Institutions (O&I)
Best Price caters to a large number of O&I members across our stores that includes several Fortune 500 companies. Walmart India provides a customized assortment and services to
- Schools and Colleges
- Manufacturing Units
- Armed Forces
- Religious and Cooperative Organizations
• Hotels, Restaurants and Caterers (HoReCa)
We cater to a large number of HoReCa members across 21 existing stores. Walmart India has a customized assortment and solutions to meet the needs of multiple subsegments like,
- Restaurant and Dhabas
- Mithai & Sweet Shops
For more info on Walmart India visit our official site here.